Authors: Lisa Backer, Margo Smith, and Terry Long
Contributors: DaSy’s Data Managers Learning Community and Robin Nelson
Part C Data Managers, Coordinators and staff are busy year-round. And State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR) season is the busiest – starting in the fall and ending with final submission in early February. Find SPP/APR instructions and measurement table on the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) website at https://sites.ed.gov/idea/grantees/#SPP-APR,FFY20-25-SPP-APR-Package.
Here are the top Part C Data tasks to tackle this SPP/APR season.
Please call your DaSy State Technical Assistance Liaison for the zoom link.
✅ SPP/APR Season
- Gather and finalize data needed for each indicator.
- Enter data analysis into a template in preparation for entering into EMAPS.
- Review the template with the internal team.
- Submit draft APR to DaSy for review (optional but wise).
- Review and incorporate feedback from internal and external (DaSy?) reviewers.
- Make final revisions.
- Begin entering SPP/APR into EMAPS when the website is running.
- Make notes now for what needs to change for next year.
- Prepare for the clarification period in April.
- Part C Data Processes Toolkit
- DaSy Part C Data Quick Reference Guide
- Part C IDEA Data Collection Calendar
- SPP/APR Basics, What You Need to Know Training Series
- Data Leadership Competencies
- Look! Think! Act! modules
- Using Data to Advance Racial Equity – Special Collection
- Join DaSy’s Data Managers’ Office Hours on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET / 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM CT / 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM PT.
- Contact your DaSy liaison for more information and to get connected.
Primarily Part C Data Managers, Part C Coordinators, 619 Coordinators, their staffs/coworkers, and local program leaders and staff
About the Author
Margo Smith is a DaSy consultant providing communications and other support for DaSy TA products. She has a background in journalism, data visualization, and data use in early childhood care and education TA.
Published October 2023.