Authors: Margo Smith and Lisa Backer
Contributors: DaSy’s Data Managers Learning Community
The dates below have been updated to reflect the most recent information (September 29, 2023) from the EDFacts Partner Support Center.
The Part C Data Managers Learning Community recommends these top Part C Annual Data tasks to tackle now as “SPP/APR Season” is quickly approaching.
Please call your DaSy State Technical Assistance Liaison for the zoom link.
✅ Data Governance and Infrastructure Development
Make sure all involved in collecting and reporting data at all levels of the system are prepared to implement new and ongoing processes. This is the perfect opportunity to distribute, clarify and update documentation using the DaSy Part C Data Processes Toolkit.
- Review any changes to the state’s data system, or changes in personnel and their respective roles.
- Work with Lead Agency, local early intervention services (EIS) programs, vendors, governance personnel, and other stakeholders to support necessary changes to data and procedures.
- Train local programs on data submission requirements.
- Disseminate to local programs adequate detail associated with Lead Agency data business rules (with enough lead time so local programs can understand and disseminate rules with any vendors).
✅ Exiting Data and Dispute Resolution Data
- Begin review of Exiting Part C data collection(s) for the year that just ended: submit by 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, February 21, 2024.
- Begin review of Dispute Resolution Part C data collection(s) for the year that just ended: submit by 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- Contact local Early Intervention programs with any anomalies or data quality issues.
It’s going to get hectic sooner than you think! Spend time now to prepare as much as possible.
- Begin a preliminary review of some of the APR data.
- What changes are needed to the family survey? Make progress on those changes now.
- Review upcoming federal and state collection requirements against current collection processes.
If you need support in any of these areas, DaSy specialists can help. Please call your DaSy State Technical Assistance Liaison with any questions.
- Part C Data Processes Toolkit
- DaSy Part C Data Quick Reference Guide
- Part C IDEA Data Collection Calendar
- Data Leadership Competencies
- Using Data to Advance Racial Equity – Special Collection
- Look! Think! Act! modules
- How Prepared Are You? Data Governance webinar
- Join DaSy’s Data Managers’ Office Hours on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET / 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM CT / 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM PT.
- Contact your DaSy liaison for more information and to get connected.
- SPP/APR Basics, What You Need to Know Training Series
Primarily Part C Data Managers, Part C Coordinators, 619 Coordinators, their staffs/coworkers, and local program leaders and staff
About the Author
Margo Smith is a DaSy consultant providing communications and other support for DaSy TA products. She has a background in journalism, data visualization, and data use in early childhood care and education TA.
Published October 2023.