This document, compiled by ECTA and DaSy in collaboration with ITCA, can support states in securing Medicaid coverage for telepractice as a method of service delivery beyond the public health emergency of the COVID-19 pandemic.To plan for the continued successful use of telepractice, states will need to:
- make decisions based on all available data,
- explore state and federal policies and requirements,
- consider and respond to issues related to Medicaid reimbursement,
- develop policies, procedures, and
- provide information and supports for families, providers, and state staff.
States can use the state examples, resources, and information in the four appendices to develop their own state-specific policies, procedures, and written guidance for using Medicaid dollars to reimburse for telepractice.