This online learning module provides key information about the COS process, and the practices that contribute to consistent and meaningful COS decision-making. Over the course of multiple sessions, participants will learn about:
- why child outcomes data are collected;
- the key features of the COS process;
- the essential knowledge needed to complete the COS process;
- how the three child outcomes are measured through the process;
- how to identify accurate COS ratings using a team-based process;
- the importance of comparing children’s current functional performance to age-expected functioning;
- when and how to measure progress in the three child outcome areas; and
- how to document ratings and evidence to support those ratings in COS documentation.
The module is self-paced, so you may access it as often as desired.
Published May 2015. Edited November 2021.