December 8, 2020
This was the third session of the DaSy Webinar Series: Engaging Stakeholders Virtually to Support Data Systems Work which focused on collecting, analyzing, and using data through virtual engagement.
How do you ensure that your reports and documents are 508 compliant Want to make sure your reports meet OSEP approval? This webinar took an in-depth look at the standards and best practices for creating accessible reports and documents. We also covered displaying data tables in report documents and using Word’s built-in accessibility checker to meet 508 compliance standards.
This webinar was for Data Managers and Coordinators looking to ensure their reports are 508 compliant so that people with disabilities can access and use the documents. This webinar is Part 1 of a 2-part series on 508 Compliance.
Resources from the U.S. Department of Education Requirements for Electronic Documents, which includes
- Key Concepts for Creating Accessible Documents
- Microsoft Office Word 2016 Printable Accessibility Guide and Accessibility Checklist
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 Authoring and Testing Guide and Accessibility Checklist
- Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Authoring and Testing Guide and Accessibility Checklist
- PDF Accessibility Guide and Accessibility Checklist