Resources Useful During the COS-KC Assessment
- COS Process Quick Reference Guide. Recommended for individuals and teams to reference in preparing for and during the COS-KC and the COS process. The guide offers an overview of key information about the COS process including major concepts and topics for teams to consider and explain during the COS process. It also includes the Outcomes Breadth Graphic, the Decision Tree, and a table with criteria associated with each rating point.
- Terms Used in the COS-KC. The table summarizes acronyms and terms that appear in the COS-KC with information about some common alternative names used for these terms.
Resources Useful to Learn More About the COS Process
- Resources for More Information About the Child Outcomes Summary (COS) Process. A table showing a list of resources with descriptions and links to access them. This resource is recommended to direct individuals and teams to professional development resources that provide more information about specific topics covered on the COS-KC. Resources are categorized by the following topics: general information about child outcomes, outcomes and functionality, teaming, 7-point rating scale, special considerations, age anchoring, and evidence and documentation.
- COS Process Online Module. This is the national training module providing background about the COS process. It includes eight short sessions with video presentation, downloadable slides, activities to practice skills and apply it to your work, resources, and brief questions to assess content understanding.
- Practitioners are encouraged to access their state’s web page or talk with state or regional training centers to access state-developed professional development materials about the COS process as well.
General Resources About the COS-KC
» Resources for State Administrators on the COS-KC