The DaSy Center designs and implements a continuum of TA for Part C early intervention and Part B 619 early childhood state staff, including individualized TA in response to a state question or need, and cross-state TA, including products, available to a broader audience.
The Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) funds national technical assistance centers to offer resources and TA to states to meet the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requirements and improve outcomes for all students with disabilities. For more information on the goals and focus of TA centers that serve needs around data collection, reporting, and systems, view the IDEA Data Center’s “Making the Right Call“. For more information on the goals and focus of each center that serves Part C and Part B 619 early childhood programs, view our Early Childhood IDEA Centers On Call flyer.
Individualized State TA
The DaSy Center offers individualized TA to Part C early intervention and Part B 619 early childhood state staff related to the development or enhancement of coordinated early childhood longitudinal data systems:
Examples of individualized TA include:
- Facilitating state leadership teams or stakeholder meetings related to data systems work
- Consulting and problem-solving
- Providing guidance by asking questions to promote reflection and decisions
- Sharing information (e.g., literature, products) and resources from other states (e.g., existing forms/policies)
- Providing feedback on state documents or materials being developed
- Conducting training in support of the state’s data system
Based on the nature of the request, DaSy staff will collaborate with the staff from other national TA centers to provide comprehensive and coordinated technical assistance.
Each year, DaSy Center staff plan a variety of cross-state technical assistance activities designed to meet the needs of Part C early intervention and Part B 619 early childhood state staff. Cross-state activities include:
- Resource documents and briefs
- Online modules/learning objects
- Communities of Practice
- Topic Cohorts: topic-specific, intensive TA opportunities for small groups of states; please see our Topic Cohort page for more information.
- Topical Meetings: 1-2 day in-person meetings on specific topics of interest for DaSy clients. Most Topical Meetings are invitation-only. Please see the DaSy TA Liaison or Events page for specific information on upcoming topic meetings.
Topics include data system literacy, data system development, data linkages, data governance, data use, fiscal data, SSIP, data visualization, confidentiality, stakeholder engagement, child outcomes, and more.
Upcoming DaSy TA webinars, topic meetings, presentations and products can be found in the Events tab.